Le forum de Kairouan
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le forum de Kairouan

منتدى القيروان

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
السيد عبد المجيد لغوان الوالي الجديد لولاية القيروان
نبيل الضيف يعود إلى ممارسة مهامه على راس النيابة الخصوية في انتظار صدور القائمة الجديدة ويبادر بإزالة بناءتين فوضويتين أحداها بالحي التجاري 1 والثانية بطريق حفوز
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ...

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Childlike

Childlike

Féminin
Loisirs : writing articles , poems reading English novels...

Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ... Empty
MessageSujet: Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ...   Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ... EmptyJeu 29 Sep - 20:56

( A passage that I found accidentally while surfing the net , so weird and outlandish at the beginning, but deliberately made by Keith Spillet to transform us a central message ... Wink

Even A Blind Watch maker Can Find A Nut

Vladimir: So….you take a watch and you put it in a bag….

Estragon: What type of bag?

Vladimir: It doesn’t matter.

Estragon: Well, what type of watch is it?

Vladimir: Again…not important. You put the watch in a bag. Now, you take a hammer and you smash it.

Estragon: Wait…What?

Vladimir: Just see if you can follow me here. You smash the watch into a hundred pieces….

Estragon: Is it a digital watch or a nice one?

Vladimir: It doesn’t matter….You take the watch and you smash it into….

Estragon: Well, why are you smashing the watch?

Vladimir: Okay, that’s really not important! The important thing is…

Estragon: What kind of lunatic would break a perfectly good watch?

Vladimir: It’s a metaphor. Nobody is really breaking a watch with a hammer. The idea is to prove a point.

Estragon: But how can you prove a point using an example that is completely unrealistic.

Vladimir: I don’t know. It’s not important! Just listen.

Estragon: Well, if it is a digital watch with one of those plastic bands it’s not going to break with a hammer

Vladimir: Fine. It’s a Rolex. A really nice gold Rolex.

Estragon: A Rolex is really expensive. Why would you want to break an expensive watch? And I don’t know if a hammer will break a Rolex into a hundred pieces.

Vladimir: Fine. It is an inexpensive magical watch that magically will break into a hundred pieces. Can I get back to my point?

Estragon: Sure.

Vladimir: Okay, so you break the watch. You shake it up in the bag?

Estragon: Uh-huh.

Vladimir: Does it re-form into the same watch?

Estragon: Well, of course not!

Vladimir: SEE!!!!!

Estragon: See what? I’m not sure I follow.

Vladimir: Evolution is impossible.

Estragon: Wait…What?!?!?

Vladimir: Something has to be there to assemble the watch if it’s going to come back together, right?

Estragon: I guess.

Vladimir: And the watch has been reassembled into a perfect whole, right?

Estragon: That is what you said.

Vladimir: Well, then there has to be a watchmaker who has a plan, right?

Estragon: Uhmmm. Okay. So, who is the watchmaker?

Vladimir: GOD!

Estragon: Wait….WHAT?!?!?!

Vladimir: God is the watchmaker! Otherwise the watch would still be in pieces.

Estragon: Wait…so God reassembled the watch?

Vladimir: YES!

Estragon: Why?

Vladimir: What do you mean why? He’s God. He doesn’t need a good reason.

Estragon: So, God just goes around putting broken watches together? We’re not sure why. That’s just what he does.

Vladimir: Exactly. He loves us. Maybe he wants us to have a nice watch. Maybe he wants us to be happy. That’s for Him to know.

Estragon: If he wanted us to be happy, why didn’t he just stop us from breaking the watch in the first place?

Vladimir: Free will!

Estragon: So, wait, he loves us so much he is willing to fix the watch, but he won’t stop us from breaking it?

Vladimir: Exactly!

Estragon: That’s not a very efficient system.

Vladimir: Well, He doesn’t have to be efficient. He’s God. He doesn’t have to explain anything.

Estragon: Well, if he’s going to go around smashing watches, I think he owes somebody an explanation. That’s pretty rude. If he smashed my watch I’d be really angry!

Vladimir: Okay…forget the watch. We’ll use another example. Pick something.

Estragon: A piece of ham

Vladimir: So, you put a piece of ham in a bag…

Estragon: Ham….in a bag?

Vladimir: Yes! And you smash it into a million pieces.

Estragon: Uh-huh

Vladimir: It still tastes like ham and smells like ham and looks like ham. RIGHT?!?!?

Estragon: Yes…I think.

Vladimir: So there has to be some kind of ham designer, right?

Estragon: Yes…well….maybe…I guess….

Vladimir: Evolution couldn’t have designed ham.

Estragon: Wait…why not?

Vladimir: Because it is perfect.

Estragon: What is perfect?

Vladimir: Ham! Ham is perfect!

Estragon: Compared to what?

Vladimir: To a universe without ham.

Estragon: How can you tell?

Vladimir: God wouldn’t have created it if it weren’t perfect. Ham is in our universe. Therefore, ham is perfect.

Estragon: Okay, now I’m really confused. If God is perfect and created a world that is the most perfect possible world for us, why does he create people who smash ham and watches in bags?

Vladimir: To test us.

Estragon: Why?

Vladimir: To see how much we love him.

Estragon: Oh…so we show him we love him by not smashing things in bags?

Vladimir: Yes!

Estragon: I see. So that’s the point of the whole thing!

Vladimir: YES! That’s the point. We have the choice whether to smash ham or watches or even possums in bags. If we choose not to, we do it because we love God. And if we do that we will be rewarded.

Estragon: With a nice watch?

Vladimir: Maybe with a watch. Maybe with eternal happiness. We’re not exactly sure. We just know that the reward is going to be REALLY good.

Estragon: And if we smash things in bags?

Vladimir: Then bad things happen to us. REALLY bad things. Things like sickness or eternal suffering or boils on our face.

Estragon: Boils on our face?!?!?!

Vladimir: It won’t be a problem for you if you just do what you are supposed to.

Estragon: So these are the rules?

Vladimir: Yes.

Estragon: And if I follow them, I’ll be…………happy???

Vladimir: Unless God has another plan for you. But eventually you’ll be happy. At some point.

Estragon: Will I get a watch?

Vladimir: If that is what you desire and that is God’s plan and you follow the rules then, yes, you will get a watch.

(At this exact moment, a giant meteor hits the earth obliterating smashing it into a million pieces. The entire human race, including Estragon and Vladimir, are destroyed in a firey, horrible instant without warning Shocked )
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bint blad

bint blad

Féminin
Loisirs : poesie

Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ... Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ...   Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ... EmptySam 1 Oct - 13:10

i like it Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Even A Blind Watchmaker Can Find A Nut ...
Page 1 sur 1